Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Enough

Thursday morning coming in wet and soggy with low-lying clouds and the reality that we'll want all this water in July and August but right now....Did I mention it is a LOT of water?
 
But as I sit here looking out the window at the small lake formerly known as my backyard, I am fascinated. I don't see water. I see sky. I see the reflection of things higher than.
 
Higher than my thoughts.
Higher than my ways.
Higher than I can dream or imagine.
Higher than where I am looking obviously.
 
Sometimes I get so caught up at looking down at what I think is too much or not necessary or just flat destructive, I need God to use the lower to reflect what is above me.
 
And you know what I see in those reflected clouds? Hope.
 
I see a sky that will break forth sunshine.
I see light places that are not as heavy as others.
I see heaven.
When I look up, I see beyond the skies to haven beyond and the God who reigns there...who reigns here...even in the hard rains and all the water.
 
This morning I am asking Him simply:
What do you want me to see?
In the reflection, in the heavens beyond, in the water that covers so much of the beneath...what do you want me to see?
I know you are in all of it. Open my eyes to see you. To know you. Help me look beyond what I'm tired of and have had enough of so I can see how you are showing me...once again...even more beautifully...you are enough.
 
And isn't that what He wants us to know? That in everything, HE is enough,
Isn't that what hard does? Reflect the truth that makes us look up so we see and know He is enough.
Isn't that the crux of our faith? He is enough.
Especially when we have hit the wall and too much is screaming how we are not enough too handle it all, He is enough.
 
I'm praying for you this morning, that even in whatever over-saturated with hard you are facing or are in, that you can find rest in the Truth that HE is enough.
 
God's blessings,
Jerri
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment