Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, February 16, 2018

Happy in Real Life

A friend of mine told me today one of my attractive qualities is my happy positivity. That was a very cool compliment.
 
A lot of folks have been kind and commented on the fact that I look so happy. Truthfully, I really am happy. And you know what I've learned the key to happiness is?
Letting my heart feel thankful for the every day or small "special" and beautiful wonders in life.
For instance, today WonderGirl headed out of town for the weekend with a friend, so WonderBoy and I had dinner at a fave burger place, picked up art supplies at Michaels, and watched part of a movie. Best part? The talking and laughing.
One of my all time favorite songs--Something Beautiful by NeedtoBreathe--came on the radio, so I turned it up and sang along.
I had a great talk with some men old enough to be my dad at the gym this afternoon. One of them told me about his son who has served in the military since the mid-80s and how proud he is...and how hard it has been to see his son change...in some ways, not for the better. It always leaves me humbled that people share those things with me.
Right now, I am curled up under my favorite fluffy blanket, which doesn't sound like much, but I have a fluffy blanket, and that is not a small thing.
More ducks flew over, and I listened to them quack from the time I heard them until they were too far for me to see.
And I had a pancake breakfast with my kids before WonderGirl left.
It was kind of a plain day, but it was a wonderfully delightful plain day, and as I prepare to go to sleep, there is a smile on my lips, and my heart is full.
Yeah, I have to admit, I'm pretty happy. :-)
I hope you had a great day too.
Love and prayers for a blessed rest...
Night.
Jerri
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment