Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, December 29, 2017

If You are Grieving and I Could Tell You Anything Right Now...

Grief is its own hell, isn't it? Tonight I was asked for advice and encouragement, and there is so much I wanted to say. There is STILL so much I want to say, but I think I would start with this:
Please, hold on. I know there will be times you just flat out want to quit. You want the pain to stop. You want the empty place to stop. You want the questions to stop. You want to quit feeling alone in all of it. You just want...to feel not this.
And it is tempting to quit. Whether that be with drugs, alcohol, a bad relationship, suicide, anything that will stop the pain. I know it is tempting because believe me, I had many days when I just wanted to feel "not this." But the only way through grief is to keep walking. Please, don't quit.
Take a break.
Take a breather.
Take a walk.
Take time to scream. Goodness knows you've got some rights to scream.
Take a nap. Sometimes just a sleep reboot can do wonders.
Take it 5 minutes at a time. I have no idea how many times I've gotten through the day 5 minutes at a time.
Find some pages that encourage you and lift you, somewhere you feel you are understood and can be real. Those can be great safe places and life rafts in an ocean of loss.
Please don't give up.
Please.
Praying for you--for your comfort, for your healing, for your strength to keep going.
With my love and prayers,
Jerri
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment