Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

When Things are Changing, I Remind Myself He Isn't

My peace is not in frantically trying to find answers for the changes coming but looking to my Answer for the peace to walk through the changes coming.
It's not the stick-your-head-in-the-sand kind of peace, but the rest my heart in His faithfulness kind of peace.
I am not the only one dealing with and walking through life changes, and the fact is we can hate them or we can have faith in His character through them.
And instead of begging Him to move the mountain, we need to be asking He plans to move in us because of the mountain.
Challenges are not punishment. They may be conseuqences, but even in the consequences He offers grace to those with repentant hearts, but even in the grace, challenges are for our growth, not our going under. He isn't a God who delights in seeing us suffer but suffered so we can delight in Him.
Do we get it? Do we get that the God who made all this uses changes to make something new in us and uses us to make Himself known in the world? These challenges are not something to get through. They are something we build on.
The only way creation happens is for something old to be destroyed. Sometimes that something is an empty place. Sometimes it is something we cling to that leaves us empty.
Tonight I am sitting here thinking of the changes that are coming, and in the past I would get worked up, but tonight I am settling in. There is a lot I don't know, and it could drop me to my knees in fear of what to expect, but it is dropping me to my knees in expectant prayer instead.
I expect an answer.
I expect His light to show the way.
I expect His wisdom to pour into me.
I expect Him to order my steps.
I expect Him to meet our needs.
I expected Him to bring good things to pass.
I expect life...abundant life...to come out of all this.
And it isn't becaue I'm His favorite.
It's because HE is faithful.
He is faithful.
Not to always give me the easy road.
Or to give me what I think I want.
But to give me Him.
In all things.
And that never changes.
Stay on the journey...
Jerri Kelley
--www.jerrikelley.com--

No comments:

Post a Comment