Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Amazing Part of the Story

Can I make a suggestion?

Don't write someone's story according to your human eyes. When you do that, you may see an amazing person, but you miss the amazing God who put the story together.

In the last few weeks, I've had some neat things happen. Stuff that wasn't on the radar suddenly appeared, and things I've prayed for for a long time are happening, and a few times I've told people about it, and they are so kind to tell me how amazing I am, how inspiritional, how...not quit...e human...I am. They see this amazing human in the story who was determined and unyielding and fierce, and while I would love to tell you they are right, the truth is I am just as human as anyone. I am just as weak, and I want to quit some days, and I hit the point where I wonder why the hell I bother. I have days when I don't see a reason to get out of bed, and I promise you in the last 7 years I have had untold days when I looked at my life and thought, "This is not what I dreamed of," and it felt like I had forfeited every dream I ever had. Trust me. I'm just as human as the next person.

The amazing part of my story isn't me at all.

The amazing part of my story is God.

It is amazing how He orchestrates the craziest things and tosses them together to come up with something I dreamed of or even better. It is amazing how He speaks the right words of encouragement at the exact moment I am ready to say, "Forget this," and walk off the battlefield. It is amazing how when I am too tired to believe, He never quits believing in me and my ability to still do the amazing things He has planned.

Yes, if you look at me and my story, you are going to see a woman who keeps going even when she doesn't want to or see a reason. You are going to see a woman who battles every obstacle in her path with fierce determination. You are going to see a woman who gets out of bed even when it would be easier to lie there. That is who I am. Yes.

But if that is all you see, you don't see the really amazing part of me because the really amazing part of me is that I am fully away I am nothing without God and I have embraced my total desperation for Him. The only truly amazing thing about my story...about me...is Him.

--Jerri L. Kelley--
--www.jerrikelley.com--

No comments:

Post a Comment