Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Escaping Alcatraz

It's Sunday night, and I'm thinking about everything I didn't get done to prepare for what I have to do this week, and I'm looking at the next few weeks feeling like there is no way in the world I can get all this done, not even if it goes perfectly, and I have spent the last two days with tension-induced sinuses caused from trying to figure out how to get everything done.
And here is the God's honest truth--pride is a prison.
And I can walk into that cell, lock the door behind me, and toss the key out the window with the best of them.
Pride says I need to do it all, be it all, succeed at it all because if I don't....
People might think less of me.
It might take longer to reach the end.
Folks might think I'm a quitter, and I abhor that idea.
It means I took the easy way out, the coward's way out.
Did I mentionpride is like the Alcatraz of mental prisons?
But you know what humility says? It says...
Being human is just that. Human.
Being wise is not weakness. I can't do it all, so what is the most important?
Maybe I really are supposed to do it all. Maybe I need to find a better way through, not a way out?
Putting down something that doesnt' have to be done so I can do what has to be done well is not quitting. It's prioritizing.
The right thing to do isn't push harder but pull myself to a stop...and pray...and listen...and hear God. This road is His doing. He has the map and the list of supplies that are necessary and just a burden.
Psalm 32:8 says:
I will instruct you and teach you in teh way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Pride is concerned with how I look to others.
Humility is concerned with how closely I walk with HIm.
I'll be honest. I don't know what will stay or go or if I will just find a new way to do it all, but I can tell you what i won't do.
I won't let pride make that decision for me.
I will humble myself before the Lord that He may lift me up in HIs timing (James 4:10). I will seek His face, not others' approval. I will be still because in the stillness, He becomes clearly God (Psalm 46:10). I will trust HIm to teach me to order my days aright that I may gain a heart of wisdom (Psalm 90:12).
Instead of worrying about how I look to others, I will look to Him for peace.
I don't know what you have to do this week, but I pray in it you find Him and thus, find in Him, the way to handle all of it.
Stay on the journey.
Jerri
--Jerri L. Kelley--
--www.jerrikelley.com--

No comments:

Post a Comment