Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Why I Talk about God "All the Time"

I received a personal message from someone I've honestly been friends with a LONG time, and he said, "Jerri, you know I love you, but I cannot be friends on Facebook. All your talk about God just...I just don't understand why you have to make everything about God."
 
First, I thought it was very kind of him to tell me why he was unfriending me. Truly.

 
Second, I will say here what I said to him--because everything I am, everything I hope to accomplish, everything I want my life to point to is ALL about GOD.

 
Now, having said that, I will be the firs to tell you if you don't want a church with hypocrits, don't come to mine because I'm there. I've already ruined it for you. I don't get it all right. Not close. It is kind of a accepted thing among my friends that "I am God's favorite". Sometimes, I cannot even make those words come out of my mouth because I don't deserve to be His anything. And no one knows how many times I pray for Him to help people realize that major ugly thing is all on ME and not HIM.

 
I don't talk about God "all the time" because I'm perfect or because I'm super spiritual or because I have my crap together. I talk about God all the time because He covers my imperfections, because He is faithful when I'm not spiritual at all, and because He loves me and invites me to Him when I am coming completely apart and have nothing to offer except a lot of ugly.

 
I talk about God all the tmie because I don't have all the answers...but I know with all I am HE is always THE answer.

 
I don't talk about God all the time because of who I am.
I talk about God all the time because of who He is.

--Jerri L. Kelley--

2 comments: