Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Because Our Over-Packed Day Needs to be Packed with Him

If you are like me, today is one of those days when I stuffed so much in my calendar to get done my poor calendar popped a proverbial button! So while we are racing time like mad people let's stop the race and take some time to step out of the madness.
Pick up your phone or your Bible or wherever your scripture is.
Open it.
Close your eyes, breathe deep, and let it out.
 
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthn you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Now, lay it on the altar. Lay YOU on the altar.
 
Father, I need your help. I have this crazy day, and some of the stuff I need to get done requires being outside several hours, and it is hot and humid, and I'm not acclimated for this. I need your physical strength and help to get that done.
 
I also need your help in planning strategically. These things on my list aren't negotiable. They really need to get done, and I need your help to know the order that is most efficient.
 
I also need your help to remember that my all-important list, isn't. I have a horrible tendency to get so focused on doing things that I forget the imnportance of my people, and, Father, my people are priceless. My relationship with them is priceless. Help me to not be so list-focused or stressed or flat out cranky and rude that I hurt those people's feelings or make them feel unimportant in any way. Make sure in our planning that we make time for them.
 
Thank you for being the other part of me that is working on this.
Thank you for the physical strength to do all I need to do.
Thank you for the amazing people you put in my life.
Thank you for being my strength and help.
Thank you for holding me up when I'm tired.
 
Before I stopped and talked with you, I was afraid.
 
I was afraid I wouldn't get everything done. I was afraid I wouldn't have time for my kids.
I was afraid my atitude would stink because I got all stressed out.
I was afraid I would handle this packed day like I've handled others, and that wasn't pretty.
But now, I'm really not afraid. I'm peaceful and calm, and a smile is on my face because I'm not doing this by myself, in my own wisdom or in my own strength. Thank you for being with me.
 
I love you. Show me how I don't love you well so I can repent and you can show me how to love you better.
 
In the Almighty name of Jesus I pray,
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment