Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, July 14, 2017

My Fitness Journey: Gym Day

I am venturing into the world of vlogging. This is my second video. The first one got erased because I didn't think you would like the neck cramp that came with keeping your head tilted at a 90 degree angle to watch it. (sigh....) Between us, I'm nervous. This is new, and...well, I don't want to make a fool of myself, BUT, I'm going to put this up here for two reasons:
1. We all have those low motivation days when there are a million other things we want to do, and
2. Being afraid of looking foolish is one of the top reasons people don't do amazing things or things they have always wanted to do or just trying something different. I'm learning to embrace the possibility of looking foolish because you know what? I have never died from looking foolish, and, it just might turn out that I end up doing something amazing.
Stay on the journey!
Jerri


 
Special thanks to my favorite WonderGirl who helped me navigate YouTube and create my own channel. What would this mommy blogger do without you?!

5 comments:

  1. I love your motivation...I love your honesty...I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sorta loved it... But since I don't hear well and you spoke very fast and often dropped you volume... I just couldn't make it out. But I will keep trying because I know that whatever you said had to be good! Please allow down just a tad and turn up the volume a wee bit fit us oldies with need ears and hungry hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on becoming a vlogger! Loved hearing your voice, and thanks for the motivation... I needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iona, thank you for your feedback. I had already finished another video, which goes up tomorrow. Please let me know how the audio is for you on that one. Keep the great feedback coming so I can keep tweaking it!

    Donna, thank you! So glad it motivated you! Some days are hard, aren't they? 8( Let me know how your journey is going!

    ReplyDelete