Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Easy Doesn't Forge Intimacy. Staying Faithful in the Hard Places Does.

Dear Lord, so this past week I prayed you would take me down the road that leads me to faith so practiced that when circumstances happen, I don't even see them. I only see you. Thank you for answering me and not being afraid of my knee jerk reactions while I keep practicing. Thank you for not freaking out when I pinch my finger really hard with the snake when I tried to get it down the drain. Thank you for Chris saying to let the plumber who is fixing the broken pipe under the house also clean the pipe in the house. Thank you that when I sat in my room with tears running down my frustrated face because I'm really tired of the "new day new issue" pattern lately and I said, "But you know what, you are still God, and you are still mine, and you are still good. This is a detail. YOU are solid," I could feel you breath as you whispered, "Atta girl." And thank you that you aren't even annoyed at me because I forgot that I asked you for tihs road. Thank you for reminding me that I asked. Thank you that this is not abandonment or punishment but an answer, that this is the road to deeper intimacy, that you are all in becaus nothing brings you more joy than to be intimate with you beloved. Thank you that faith isn't forged in the green pastures but in the hard roads and trying paths and blaring battle fields when I look up and not only are you handling the event, but you are handling me in all of my glory and lack thereof. Thank you that this is the very thing you signed up for and desire...relationship in the chaos that lets me experience your faithfulness, kindness, mercy, and generosity. In this moment, my faith isn't built because the pipes are fixed. No. My faith is built because you are sitting here in the fullness of me when they are broken. Your love is breathtaking, and I am undone by you.
--Jerri L. Kelley--

No comments:

Post a Comment