Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Seeking THE Answer

This morning I am praying for direction. There seems to be two possible paths to take, and I want to take the right one, you know the BLESSED one, the one that makes GOD HAPPY, and really, I would love an answer right here and now on where I am supposed to be going because If I knew the end, I would know the path, right? Because after all, my tiny finite human mind can think on such a big scale to know all that.
I don't know about you, but when the path forks or life makes a radical turn or some previously unknown option appears, I tend to want to know right then and there what the outcome needs to be, where I am headed, what the other end of this looks like because then I know what I am walking toward...or more honestly, what I am working toward. But honestly, I am questioning whether that is biblical or man's hyped up theology of working harder for God.
This morning as I am seeking answers, I got the answer I didn't expect.
I got Psalm 37:23-24
THE LORD MAKES FIRM THE STEPS OF THE ONE WHO DELIGHTS IN HIM;
THOUGH HE MAY STUMBLE, HE WILL NOT FALL,
FOR THE LORD UPHOLDS HIM WITH HIS HAND.
The point is not to find an answer for where I am gonig. THE POINT IS TO FIND GOD because HE is one I am going with.
The point isn't to work harder or even better for God but to walk closer with God.
The point of any journey on this planet isn't to reach an end.
God is the end. He is the beginning, end, and everything in between, and instead of asking for how to get to a goal, I need to be asking how to get closer to Him.
And I know, it sounds like warm fuzzy theory and that still doesn't tell you which college to attend or which job to take or which house to buy or...I don't know those answers. What I know is every time I seek God's heart and get still and learn Him, I learn who I am in Him, what my purpose is in Him, and somehow all those answers I don't know become known.
Praying every single one of us seeks Him above evrything else and walk in the peace of knowing He adds all these things to those who seek Him.
Blessings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment