Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Making the Week...and LIfe...Great

It's Monday! You know what that means? A whole new chance of making a great week!!!
Because if we simply HOPE to have a great week, frankly, we probably won't, but if we MAKE a great week, we are in charge and can put in what recharges the soul, and really, don't we all need some soul recharging from time to time (like everyday)? How do we do that?
Two things that seem radically different in the Bible, but are really the same thing:
It is not good for man to be alone.
Jesus often went off to be alone and pray.
We are not meant to be solitary beings. We are made for relationships. So when I think of recharging my soul, I think two things:
How do I better or deepen or feed my relationship with God?
How do I build relationship with other people?
Jesus got alone with the Father, talked to Him and listened. The Bible tells about God's character, but intimate alone time with Him is when He tells us His heart.
We all need people. Instead of saying, "We should (do this thing)," go do it. Instead of saying, "We need to have coffee/lunch," get it on the calendar and make it happen. Invite folks over for dinner and Mexican Train or cards or whatevr.
No soul-feeding relationship is an accident. Every relationship that fills the heart and feeds the soul is intentional, whether that be God or man.
I hope you live a wonderfully intentional week!
--Jerri L. Kelley--

No comments:

Post a Comment