Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Because Life Can Leave You Rattled

Father God,
 
The road took a hard jolt to the right, and I'm a bit rattled. Still on the road. Still trusting you, but rattled. So I am bringing my rattled to you because in you, there are no rattles. You are solid in your promises. You are solid in your faithfulness. When the crazy turns come and the tree is suddenly there out of nowhere and my brain things I have to swerve to miss it, it isn't really a swerve to you. It's a coarse correction. I need to remind myself of that right now. It's just a coarse correction. It doesn't mean I was on the wrong path or made a mistake or totally missed it. It means I was on a trajectory, and you adjusted it so now I'm on another one. That is all.
 
I am so thankful you are not as black and white as us humans are. We think if something has to change it must have been wrong, but that is childishness. Things change because they need to. What it was worked...until now, and now it needs to change so it can work differently.
 
Thank you for listening and for being the thing that never changes. I knew I could talk with you, spend time with you, and be settled again. You are amazing that way.
 
I love you, Lord.
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment