Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, January 29, 2016

What We Really Need

Lord,
Today I ask you to bless each person who reads this, and even those who don't. I ask you to give them what they need so they can see and know you better. I ask you to give them comfort where they need it...and discomfort where they need it.
I ask you to give them courage where they need it...and humility where they need it.
I ask you to give them a spirit of service where they can be a light in someone's darkness...and a spirit of courage to know when they need to stand their ground and for them to stand well.
I ask you to speak truth to them...the things they want to here...and the things they don't.
I ask you to give gifts to each one so they can see your loving hand...and take things away that have become idols and objects of entitlement thinking.
Above everything else, I ask that you would do what is necessary to heal, restore, purify, and save today...especially where we mostly need purified and saved from ourselves.
Thank you for your faithful kindness and love. You are merciful to hear my prayer and answer it.
Oh, and, Lord, where we kick and scream and act like spoiled brat 2-year olds, be a good Daddy anyway.
I love you.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment