Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Prayer--Let Me Follow Well

"The Lord Himself goes before you
and will be with you;
He will never leave you
nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid.
Do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:6
Father,
Help me to keep a mental image of your going before me to move the weeds, limbs, and obstacles out of my way. Help me keep a mental image of being able to see your back in front of me as I walk behind you. I often say you will never leave me or forsake me, but I often let my mind go crazy like you actually would abandon me in some way. Sometimes I forget that in going before me, you leave obstacles that you know I can get over. You know it builds me up and strengthens me, and a good Father leaves enough for his child to be challenged so they mature. Help me to never be afraid of those obstacles that you leave because they are not a sign that you have abandoned me but a clear sign that you love me and are for me. Help me not to be discouraged when I can't get it right the first time. Help me to remember that you are patient and you didn't leave something so I would make a fool of myself and you could have something to berate me over. That isn't like you. You never set me up to fail. You set me up to grow, to see your faithfulness, to find strength in you. Lord, may I bring glory to you today as I follow the path I see you leading me on. May you find pleasure in me, and may my tenacity to seek you and follow you bring you joy.
I love you, Lord.
Amen

--Jerri Kelley Phillips--
--www.jerrikelley.com--

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. This hit the sport and I am grateful.

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marygems,
    I'm so thankful the Lord encouraged you. Many blessings!

    Thank you for the blessings. I am so very grateful. :-)

    ReplyDelete