Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Telling Me What I Need to Hear

By the time I called her this morning, I already had the answer. At least for that. Still, she just gave me her opinion. And really, it didn't help much because everything she told me I already knew. I have another friend who does that, too. I pour my heart out to him because I need an answer, and he's a really smart man and can see things I miss. Then, he turns right around and tells me what I already know. And I wonder why I bother to tell them anything at all.

Except, the tell me things I don't know. They tell me things I need to hear. Things that have nothing to do with why I called.

I called her to tell her about this dream I had last night, and we ended up talking about my writing. I told him I am afraid to write what's on my mind because a lot of people will find it offensive.

She said a lot about my characters and books and niche. He said the same. They both said, "You're not everyone else. There is an audience waiting for you. Write for them."

Not the exact words, but a good summary.

I know. I really do know. When I'm not drowning in the idea that success is big numbers or the idea that the goal is a huge audience or suffocating under the idea that bigger is always better, I know.

But they tell me anyway. And I get frustrated because I'm confused and I want to know the road and what am I supposed to do about and....

Today, though, I listened, and I didn't just hear what they said, I saw what they see.

I saw them...see me.

They see my heart.
They see my passion.
They see my purpose.
They see God in me...and they see me in God.

And that is what I need to hear.

I need to hear if the two people who see me clearest see Him clearly in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment