Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Commitment and Service by Any Other Name...Is Love

This morning I am again meditating on 2 Kings 23. Verse 25 says:

Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the Lord as he did--with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with the Law of Moses.

Now if you go back and read chapters 22 and 23 leading up to this, you see the simple pattern:
1. He heard the law--His mind.
2. He committed himself to the law.--His Spirit/soul
3. Finally, he obeyed the law--His strength.


I know a lot of folks like to claim we are no longer under the law, but Jesus Himself said to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your soul and all your strength. This is the greatest commandment. When asked how one should live, THIS is what Jesus said.

Notice Josiah was not commended for believing there is a God. He was commended for how he chose to serve Him.
 
Interesting that Jesus gave his service and commitment another name--Love.
 
My prayer today: God, lead me to live in such a way that I don't have to tell someone I love God because they see it loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment