Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Words

Daddy,
I ask you today to make my words food for the soul.

To the soul who is beaten down, may they be a safe place filled with gentle kindnesses.
To the soul who is ready to quit, may they offer the courage to keep walking.
To the soul who feels pointless, may they offer a new perspective, a new hope for their lives and their purpose.
To the soul who is unsure, may they breathe faith and offer solid footing.
To the soul who is looking down the wrong road, may they offer a strong compass that points back to you.
To the soul who is holding onto past grief or bitterness, may they offer the road to freedom and out of the prison of darkness.
To the soul not sure what to do, may my words be a fountain of wisdom.
To the soul who can't see you in the darkness, may they be a light that shines, takes them by the hand, and leads them gently to you.
To the soul exploding with joy, may my words rejoice with them.
To the soul who needs to be important, may my words be words about them, hearing them, knowing them; may they not be about me, my stories, my ups or downs, or how anything they said applies to me but solely about how you desire to be right in the middle of them.
To my own soul, may my words be a compass that directs my heart and mind back to you. May they never agree with the enemy's lies or taunts or accusations against you or me, but may they be the truth that gives life, and as I fill my soul with words of life, may they pour forth and be a fountain of life for others.

Lord, bless my mouth today that it would be a place where YOU speak freely, and I only speak what I hear you say.

Thank you for your faithfulness.

I love you. Amen

Copyright 2015 Jerri Kelley Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment