Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

YES!!!!

Right now at 0100 on 1/1, that is how I feel. Simply...

YES!!!

My legs are numb from being outside shooting off fireworks with the WonderPeeps, and oh, my goodness, that was a big YES!!!!

My stomach is full from the milk and brownies WonderGirl made earlier. YES!!!

And I am in that wondrous place where the past and potential meet, and as this new year begins, all I can think is YES!!!!

In fact, everything in me screams this.

Everything in me is excited, not just about the potential of this year, but about the wonder of right now.

Right now, my two favorite people are laughing hard in the other room.

Right now, Pandemic is spread out all over my kitchen table from the game we played earlier and didn't clean up after because we'll play again tomorrow.

Right now, there are boxes and tape amassing in the garage because God is leading us on another adventure.

Right now, I am in awe of fireworks and the Chinese who created them, and I love awe.

Right now, I have the fixin's for homemade soup sitting on the counter waiting for when I get up in about 5 hours.

Right now, I'm thankful for heater blankets, space heaters, warm clothes, and living in Texas where snow and ice don't hang around long and we should be back up in the 40s by the weekend.

Right now, I think my life is the absolute most wonderful life ever, and I love who I am and the life God lets me live.

In the past, I've tried to be excited on New Year's because I had things missing in my life, and I hoped the new year would bring answers. This year, my life is full. My heart is so full it is...humbling...awesome...beautiful...

One of the great things about not wanting anything in particular, I seem to be wondrously in awe of all of it in general. I'm not driven for an outcome but wildly thrilled with the entire adventure.

And to the adventure of 2015, I only have one thing to say.

YES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment