Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, September 26, 2014

When the World Tells You What You Can't Do and Who you Can't Be...Tell Them God Doesn't Care


That is exactly what the last two weeks have been here.

I've been told why I can't work with soldiers and marines overcoming PTSD.
I've been told why I can't minister to police departments, fire departments, and medical responders.
I've had issues with my book idea for presenting God's healing for PTSD in a fiction form .
I've been told my young adult book is too far outside acceptable realms. The Christian community won't buy into it.
I've been told why this desire of my heart won't work and why I can't be that desire of my heart.

The world and those who have bought into its limitations have done a good job of telling me why I can't do what God has put in my heart to do and why I can't be the person God has put in my heart to be.

Or, maybe they are just telling me what the world has to say about it all. In either case, there are some things I would like to say concerning "the world".

I did not ask the world's permission, and I do not need its invitation.
I do not play by its rules. It bows to the rule of my God.
He goes before me.
He is my rear guard.
His angels encamp around me, and not one weapon formed against me can prosper.
His angels have charge over me, and I will not dash my foot upon a stone.
Not one word of His will fail.
I am more than a conqueror.
I am the daughter of the Almighty King, and I will do what He has called me to do because I will live who He has created me to live.
I refuse to be anything else.

I know some of the rest of you are dealing with similar things. Lots of folks telling you why your grandiose plans won't work, why you can't do this or be that. Well, let me tell you why you can.
 

God.


Let me remind you of others who were too old, too young, too much of something, and not enough of something else.

In case you have forgotten, Abraham and Sarah were too old to have a baby, but they had one.
David was too young to bring down a giant, but the giant fell at David's feet.
Joshua and Caleb were too optimistic and were going to get every one killed, but they were the only spies who walked into the Promised Land...and called it theirs.
Gideon was a nobody from a tiny tribe, but he brought down an army.

They didn't play by the rules because they knew when God speaks, the world's rules don't apply.

There are folks reading this, and they know the insane plans that have no possible way of working, and they are going to ask, "How?" I don't know. But I know Who.

I know when Joshua stood on that hill overlooking Jericho, he didn't know how either, but he was so sure of his Who that when he turned around and there was this Warrior standing there, Joshua didn't run or even take a step back. He simply asked, "Are you with us, or are you against us?" The answer didn't matter to Joshua because Joshua already knew the end. He just wondered if this was one more dead body he was going to step over on the way.

Sisters and brothers, the world is not going to move over and let us do what God called us to do just because God called us. In fact, we are told by Christ Himself that the powers of the world will stand against us. For some people, that is daunting. For some, it's an excuse not to show up for battle. For some, it's more than they can stand against. For warriors, it's just another body to step over because they know the Promised Land is theirs.

There is no reason to be afraid of dead bodies.

That giant standing in front of you telling you all your limitations is just a dead body that hasn't stopped breathing yet.

That circumstance telling you your dream is impossible is just a dead body whose nervous system hasn't caught up to the fact its dead yet.

That past that tells you how you forfeited your inheritance is just a dead body that is still haunting you.

Step over the dead bodies and move on. 



***Yes, this is the post that was up earlier. I deleted the previous post and edited one sentence. Otherwise, it is the same post.


Copyright 2014 Jerri Kelley Phillips

All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment