Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

When the Day Runs Out of Control...Be Still and Know I Have Control

The day running over you like a freight train, and you running hard to keep up or just not get left behind? If so, stop a second for this:

Be still and know that I am God.

Know my heart.
Know my plans.
Know when to let go of what you thought you needed to get done.
Know when to repent for chasing the wrong things and ask me what my things are.
Know the only thing you really need to worry about is our relationship.
Know when the people in your life are more important than the things you are trying to do.
Know when to just stop, sit, and have a good cry.
Know when to trust that I have this.
Know if I ask you to do something hard, I've already made a way for you to accomplish it.
Know there is nothing that falls that I can't pick up if I need it.
Know the emails, phone calls, texts, and private messages may boost your ego, but I strengthen your soul.
Know you cannot do what I've laid before you to do. I will have to do it through you.
Know my purpose will be accomplished. Your being part of it and reaping the blessings is your choice, not my guarantee.
Know if you will not follow me, I can still use you, but you will be frustrated, not blessed.
Know right now, it might behoove you to stop all the yelling and crying and bemoaning you are doing and actually talk to me instead of everyone else.
Know that if you talk to me, get my perspective and my peace, you'll be an instrument of peace in your home and relationships and not an instrument of destruction.
Know the only way for this to work out well is by knowing I'm God.
Know I cannot fail...and I will not fail you.

Know you have to trust me...I'm trustworthy.
Know you have to follow me...I lead you through good places.
Know you have to let me be Lord...I am the good Shepherd.
Know I love you.
I've got this.
Just be still and choose to let me have you.

And by the way, all those circumstances and people who have been driving you crazy, entertain the thought for a moment that they are mine, and I'm using them to get you right here, right now. Think about it while...
...you get still and know I'm God.

No comments:

Post a Comment