Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Matthew 7:12 on the Road

Hey, y'all, on the way home last night, the kids and I came upon a wreck. No emergency vehicles yet, so I stopped to see how everyone was. When EMTs arrived, I handed off the patient but was asked to stay in case I was needed, so I sat and watched.

I want you to know what I watched.

I watched several men take amazing care of 5 people involved in the wreck while they figured out what happened and addressed the issue of an un-collared pitbull who was sweet but very attached to his mommy they were taking away. These people always amaze me. I wish everyone of you could ride a shift with them. You might see them differently. You might see them less as immortal heroes and more as real people with huge hearts, which brings me to what else I saw.

I saw these mortals doing all this work while idiot drivers drove by way too fast. (For the pastors, yes, I repented of those thoughts I had for those drivers and the desire to take a baseball bat to the front of their vehicles as they drove by. Okay. I'll have to repent again). I also saw idiot drivers who nearly caused more wrecks by driving too fast, not paying attention to the car in front of them, and screeching brakes to stop before causing another wreck.

Folks, those men and women belong to someone. They are husbands/wives, dads/moms, sons/daughters, best friends, and the bright place in someone's life. Try on a whopping dose of Matthew 7:12 and ask how you would want that person treated if that were your "someone". You would want them treated as treasures to be valued and watched after. You would want people to be careful and thoughtful. SO BE THAT! Not all of this world is about you, where you're going, or what you have to do. Sometimes this world is about you doing the right thing in respect to someone else. Our responders are someone worthy of your value. Please kindly treat them with the value they deserve.

And if no one else thanks you, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment