Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Soul-Whisperings--When You are Weary and Need to Rest

Hard day, soul? The kind you don't know whether you want to do over or just go to bed and end? Some days are like that. So let's do this. Let's have a good cry. A hard one. The pour all of the wordless pain out of your heart kind of cry that shakes your body hard and the shattered pieces loose. Let is all drip onto the pillow.

You know crying doesn't mean you've taken your eyes of Him. If He was so bothered by them, he wouldn't come close to wipe them away. So instead of trying to hold it together, let's let Him hold us to Himself.

I know. When you are in most need this is when you most need to pray, but words may be stuck behind that wall of tears, so let's pray this:
 "I know you are good. I know you love me. I know you are good. I'm going to lie here. I need you to love me. I know you are good. I need you to love me."

Pray truth. Pray honest needs. He is good. You need Him to love you. It's okay. The rest of the answers will come, but right now you need just rest. So rest, soul. Rest in what you know. He is good, and you need Him to love you, and He does and He will. Just let yourself rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment