Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Plain Fear: Forgiven by Leanna Ellis

 
 
My friend Leanna Ellis has a book coming out today, August 6th, Plain Fear: Forgiven.

It is the final book of her series Plain Fear.

I have read all but one of Leanna's books, and this series is hands down my absolute favorite, which is odd because I hate Amish books. I think they are weak, watered-down, and unrealistic. I simply cannot relate to them. I hate vampire books. Too sci-fi for me. However, Leanna blends the two into an amazing story of human frailty, failings, and forgiveness.

I read the first book the year my husband died, and I totally understood the power of vampires and how easy it is for them to win hearts and take souls. I read the second book right after Christmas last year (although it came out last August, the first chapter threw me and I needed some time), and again, it resonated with me...the hope of redemption, the possibility of love and life after everything collapses. I had the privilege of reading Forgiven as an advanced reader's copy. For those with a warrior spirit, you will simply get it--the battle of good and evil in the spiritual that spills into the everyday and the power of temptation, the fear that you've fallen too far, the reality that the greatest war is within yourself...and the Truth of redemption.

As I said, this is my favorite series. Maybe it is because I've faced my own vampires. I've fallen hard, and I've desperately needed to be Forgiven. Maybe you or someone you know does, too. If so, this is worth the time and the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment