Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, July 5, 2013

When Psalm 23 Runs Right Into the Real of My Day

Psalm 23

The Lord is the one who totally has me, I lack nothing.
    He tells me to rest and be restored, to feed my body, heart, and spirit,
he has places for me to be still and listen and simply enjoy His presence,
    he refreshes my inmost being, to the very core.
He guides in the exact places I need to go because He is totally amazing.
Even though I walk
    through the valley of ear infections, lack of sleep, and physical pain,
I refuse to be shaken from my faith that He has it all taken care of,
    because He makes His presence obvious, He’s proven Himself faithful, and I know he never leaves me;
knowing You are the one who fights for me and leads me in the path you’ve cleared allows me to walk in peace and comforts me when I hear the sound of the war around me.
You give me all the good stuff even when the enemy rages against me.
 You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
You choose me over and over and over. Every second of my life, You choose me, and I am overwhelmed with how good you are to me and the way You cover me and stand on my behalf.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment