Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

When my Real Need is God

This morning I had to pray for strength to focus so I could pray. You ever been there?

The movers come tomorrow, and I am looking around thinking I am so not ready, and my mind is running at full tilt trying to figure everything out, and I have no clue how I'm going to make this work. All I know is I love my prayer time first thing in the morning, and if I give that up to deal with moving, moving has become my idol and my limitations created by time, my strength, my mind's efficiency or solutions has become my God where I put my trust, so this morning, I prayed for strength to focus not on my giant or myself as god (notice the very tiny, insignificant little g), and instantly, I heard, "I will meet your every need according to the riches of my glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:23) As soon as He began to speak, I felt excitement and anticipation build within me like a deep breath that settles deep. You know what I mean? And I have no clue how He will meet my every need, but I know those needs are met. As my prayer and pondering time was winding down, I looked at my "random" verse for today.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV

Think my Daddy is saying, "Baby Girl, I so have this," or what?

 I hope you have that kind of day, too. :-)

The grace that comes from the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment