Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Real Point: Prayerful Redemption

My thoughts on Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman:

There are families and loved ones involved in this tragedy whose lives have been altered in ways most of us can never fathom and don't want to. We will never understand what it is like to be the innocent victims taken on this nightmare journey none of them would have ever chosen. These people are angry, crushed in  their hearts by what they feel have been injustices perpetrated against their loved one, defensive, and wish every.single.day they could go back and make it not happen.

Instead of wasting breath babbling about a situation none of us were in, none of us can speak to because all we have is hearsay, we could be praying and pleading for these innocents because without God, without the Holy Spirit, they won't heal. They will forever be stuck in this horrible void of loss. This will become their identity: the parents of a black boy killed by a white racist and the family and friends of a white man wrongly accused by a system that loves the Race Card.

NOTHING LIVING COMES OF SUCH A VOID. The only way life will ever come from this fallen wheat is if the body of Christ prays it in, and really, isn't there enough death? Isn't the tragedy of Trayvon enough death? REDEMPTION IS THIS: that the God who can create something amazing out of absolutely nothing brings life where there is emptiness and/or death.

Dear God, may my heart never be about personal opinion that is so disgustingly flawed but by your heart of redemption which is so perfectly flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment