Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, June 7, 2013

When the People who "Should" Can't, God Does

"One of the absolute best gifts God has given me is the ability to quit looking for 'belonging" in relationships that "should" be a safe place, "should" be encouraging, "should" be accepting. Jesus' family was not blood, but heart. His blood family thought He was crazy. His heart family saw Him for who He was. He never expected people who couldn't or didn't accept His value and the necessity and power of His purpose to be His supporters. He knew they were incapable of that. Instead, He looked to His Father for identity and heart family for company. If the people who are "supposed" to be filling the family/friend void aren't, quit calling them callous and yourself a victim. Accept them for who they are. Let go of what you want them to be. And be who you are created to be. THEN, God can bring in the real heart family because you are the real you for them to know, love, and support."

--From my manuscript in progress, Warrior Undaunted

No comments:

Post a Comment