Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

When My Idea of "Done" and God's Idea of Done are not the Same Done

Yesterday, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. My physical pain level was easily an 8. You know when you hurt so bad you won't cry because you know it'll make it worse? THAT pain level, and I told the Lord I'm done. I-hit-the-wall-and-then-it-fell-on-me type done. I took some pain meds and slept 8 hours.

This morning in my quiet time a deluge of ideas for the needed shelving units, safety classes and times and venues for them, sharing life skills, and building community came so fast I could barely keep up to write them down, and ideas are STILL coming.

Obviously, "done" does not mean the same thing to the Lord as it does to me. My idea of "done" is glasses of chocolate milk and a good book. His idea of "done" is, "Okay, so your braindead to that. Got it. Let's put that on the shelf a bit and pull down THIS box. Wait till you see what I have in HERE!"

Sometimes His excitement about life, how He wants us to spend time together, and what He wants us to do absolutely crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment