Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Coffee and Listening Time

Daddy,

If you and I could sit down and have coffee this morning, I would listen.

I would listen to you tell me your heart for the children you are letting me raise. I would listen to you tell me what they need, who they are becoming, how to tend them better.

I would listen to your thoughts on the driver I would will encounter later that I will deem an "idiot" but you deem in need of understanding because they think their value is in what they do and how much they do but need to know they are your creation and that is as valuable as it gets.

I would listen to your heart for the people in my life so I can pray and live in agreement with it. Maybe that means inviting them to dinner, maybe it is dropping a note, maybe it is offering a listening ear, but your heart is always one of action.

I would listen to your heart for the leaders who cover so many and are so rarely covered. I would specifically ask about friends who are pastors, and I would listen and ask you how to live your love and encouragement for them.

I would listen to you tell me how to overcome this annoying stronghold that I seem to keep tripping over.

And I know even though I do not see you in the rocker on the deck beside me, your presence is always with me and your desire is to share your heart, so I've got my coffee, and I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment