Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Investing in What God Promises

This morning I'm pondering God's promises. Actually, I'm pondering Genesis 23 and the investment Abraham made into God's promises. He took responsibility for believing in the promise. By buying that field for a burial place, he was letting go of the past and believing for the future God promised. Even though he was old, he believed age had nothing to do with it and God's promise had everything to do with it, and he bought into the promise.

Powerful stuff as I take my life, plans, and thoughts, put them on the altar before the Lord, and ask,
"So, where do I need to invest? How do I take responsibility for the promises you've made to me? What do I let go of and what do I grab onto?"

This is exciting stuff. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment