Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

When You Get Disoriented

Daddy,

I need to hear YOUR voice, only your voice. Who I am, what I am supposed to do, how I am supposed to do it, the life I am supposed to live...YOUR VOICE ONLY.

I'm slipping into patterns of the past, trying to be...trying NOT to be a target for people who don't get the life and person you created me to live and be.

Fear is the enemy of consistency and stability. No victory or success is ever won by fear. Instead, fear steals purposes, personalities, and promises.

So right now, I'm asking you to silence the voices. Speak clearly to me through the mental haze to help me get re-oriented in your created purpose, person, and promises.

Thank you that you are not angry and do not condemn me for slipping into old "coping mechanisms" but delight in training me to fully align with you.

Your faithfulness fills me with joy and peace. I love you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment