Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

When Plans Suddenly Change

Daddy,
I had this idea of how I was going to address all the things I need in the next three weeks. I did not see this significant change in requirements coming. But You did, so while my brain is scrambling to figure out how I am going to adjust and re-align things, I am choosing to step out of that old habit. I don't need to scramble. You say if I need wisdom I can ask you and you will give it to me. You say my steps are ordered of you. You say you will teach me how to order my days so I gain a heart of wisdom. You say I cannot fail if I am following you. So I am stopping right here and right now, and I'm giving everything over to you. I'm erasing my calendar and whiteboard with my plans, and I'm asking you to give me wisdom concerning what I need to do to get everything done YOU say is important. If what I had planned isn't important, show me so I can erase it and not drive myself crazy trying to fit it in. If you have somethign else that is important, let me embrace it, not as a burden of "one more thing", but with the joy of knowing it is part of your good plan for me. Thank you for having all of this in your hands so I don't have to worry or panic or even figure out what is most important. You take crazy good care of me. I love you, Daddy! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment