Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Just Honest Faith Stuff

Daddy,
I am seeking to align my faith with your promises, and I confess I am being stretched, and I wonder if that is how faith should be--this constant stretching? Shouldn't faith be a simple, "God said this, and that is it"? Why is it I have such an easy time believing for some things and not for others? Why is it that I believe you'll provide a good job if I get trained and put out my resume but struggle to believe you'll publish this book manuscript if I am diligent to seek your face and your words and write the book? If I do what is necessary to receive a promise, shouldn't I expect you to be faithful to give it? Lord God, stay in my face about this. I mean seriously, STAY IN MY FACE. Who am I to doubt your faithfulness to keep your promises if I walk and act in accordance with their manifestation? I am sorry my doubts could ever suggest such a thing about you. You forever leave me amazed with your faithfulness...not just in what you do but also in how you love and give mercy. You are breathtaking. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment