Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lent Day 22--When Love's Purpose is Simply to Love

Today I posted on FB that I need a ratty old couch removed from my house and either moved to the dump or put in my truck so I can try to move it to the dump. I have had no volunteers. People are simply busy. I understand.

HOWEVER, I have received invitations to various walks, demonstrations, protests, Bible studies, etc. Obviously the explanation of what people are busy with.

Let me be REALLY blunt.

If I don't care about people's personal needs,
I cannot expect them to care about my political or religious agendas.

 If I am so busy protecting my constitutional right that I miss protecting those Jesus said we are right to care about, I've missed Him.

 If I am too busy with my social functions that I forget how the body of Christ is supposed to function, I am just a clanging gong taking up space.

If I am too busy reading about how Jesus loved to actually love in practice, I am missing the boat, and people are missing Jesus.

And sometimes the love of Jesus looks like someone moving a couch, mowing a yard, dropping off a meal, driving someone to the hospital, helping with a baby, picking up medicine, or just sitting a spell and talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment