Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bestie Kind of Love

I'm having a groovy hanging-with-God day, chatting about two things in particular that I want us to address. One of them makes my heart feel empty, and the other is a life goal He and I agree on but honestly triggers my desire to eat junk food or just go to bed. Neither are of Him, and neither are where I want to be imprisoned, and honestly, these little "coping" mechanisms or mental/emotional drugs are nothing mroe than socially acceptable prisons.

God and I take these things very seriously in my life. Something about this is keeping me from being all He created me to be, and I need to know what it is so I can let Him address it. I need to know how to see it through His eyes, how to stop agreeing with the negative and start agreeing with the positive, how to think the right way and act the right way to let it manifest in my life.

I've been known to call days or talks like this God-therapy, but honestly, it is just hanging out with my Best Friend sharing hearts.

His heart is for my healing, so as long as I get deep into His heart, I know I'm getting into my healing, and these two things are just going to be more stories of His faithfulness.

Yep. Very groovy day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment