Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Lent Day 12--Love In the Heart and On the Brain Pt1

For Lent, the Lord has asked me to give up all things I feel like I have to do for Him to love me...and simply accept and rejoice in the love He has for me.

"Jerri, I want you to enjoy how much I love you."

Wow. Okay...It has been a lot harder than I thought, but it has also been amazing!

Last week, I was really struggling, and He said, "Jerri, love is patient. You need to be more patient with yourself."

In that sweet voice of His, close to my ear He whispered,
"Jerri, you need to love yourself more."

I know that rocks some of your boats. Before this is done, your boat may just capsize and sink. A bit unnerving, but not always a bad thing. All I ask is that you stay with me. I promise neither God nor I will let you drown. Remember, He's the one who walks on water, and who knows but learning to walk on water is learning to love yourself? When one hears the howling winds of voices hateful and shaming, it can be easier to drown than to rise and walk.

But Jesus is where the love is, and if that means getting out of our boats, I'm all for facing the waves.

Won't you come with?

And my invitation to walk in the place of the crazy deep worded wild,
"What I would really love is for you to love yourself."

Why? You are God of the universe. You don't need my approval.

"A great artist doesn't create because He has to.
He creates because He enjoys it,
...because He wants to impart beauty
...because He needs a place to put His heart...
It brings Me joy when you enjoy being the masterpiece...
when you enjoy My heart."

Really? That is all You ask? For me to love me?

And I look in the face of the Creator of the Universe and Lover of my soul who is asking me to take His hand and walk right into His heart, who is desiring to hide nothing, and I am lost and undone and...

And I know it is not just a feeling He is offering, and it's not just a feeling I want. I want to commit my heart to love and commit love to my heart, and I am not even sure what I'm asking for, except I want it seared in deep so I am marked for life.

But how does one do this? I don't know.

I don't know how to love me. I need you to teach me.

A smile that I feel to the core of my being. "Then let's start at the beginning. All you need to know today is this:

Love is patient."

Love is patient.

Still not sure if this water walking is for you? It's okay. All you need to know today is this...

Love is patient.

Speak it to yourself. Love is patient.

Write it on the mirror in your bathroom. Love is patient.

Marker tattoo it on your arm. Love is patient.

Index card it on your fridge. Love is patient.

Poste it on the bedroom wall in front of the side of your bed where you sit when your voice has gotten too loud and your heart too broken and your humanness too real. Love is patient.

And when your feet of clay become cement and water starts to rise and the voices of failures past want to scream loud and yours wants to agree with every hateful word they say...take the stopping breath that settles into silence...inhale the life...and speak forth the love...

Love is patient.

Give yourself some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment