Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Postless Days and Appreciated Prayers

I started the new year with a flu bug. About a week into the year, I felt good again.
There was much rejoicing.

The day my body was able to get out of bed without aching, watching the room spin, or wanting to expel all food from Christmas, I heard it. That cough from deep in the chest, and the voice that comes from clogged sinuses. My boy. I love that boy.

I loved that boy through the next week of no energy, raspy breathing, and little sleep. Finally, on about day 5, we saw change. Clear nasal passages were at the end of the virus, and it was good.

On day 6, it bumbled down the hall. The breathy whisper-yell of a teenage girl trying on an adolescent boy's voice. I was no impressed. Nor was I impressed with the body shaking coughs that reached so deep and lasted so long her body ached from the convulsions expending air and the gunk blocking it. My girl. I love that girl.

I loved that girl through the next week of no energy, raspy breathing, and little sleep. Finally, on day 5, we saw change. On day 6, she declared it: "I feel better!"

I cheered...in my adolescent teenage boy voice which had slipped in during the night.

This is now day 6, and I cannot declare I feel better. I will confess I am tired, my entire nasal system including ears throb, and sleep has been relogated to my 29:11 file. Talking is exhausting and aggravates my airways, and my mind cannot function well-enough to put two significant thoughts together, and I simply do not have words for the mental and emotional rollercoaster the lack of sleep and constant discomfort has created.

This too shall pass, but until it does, I am going to sit quietly and pray thoughtfully.

Would you please consider praying for us, too?

With humble appreciation for God's goodness,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment