Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Gratitude 42--Gratitude without a Name...and Beyond Words

I finally did it.

Nearly five months after Rob died, and I started the thank you notes. I have written them umpteen times in my mind, but every time I started to put them on paper, I started to cry. It's very hard to write through a blur.

This morning I wrote through the blur of words and emotions and sent a blanket letter to the...unknown...number of people who sent/brought food, gift cards, letter of encouragement, plants, paper products, groceries, and....

I don't know all their names. Some gave no name. Families we didn't know brought food to our house, walked into my kitchen, sat food down, hugged us, cried with us, loved us, and walked out...no name attached. I honestly don't know how to convey the impact on my family.

We had months where family and friends died or disappeared or flat disowned us. We watched our "family" base disintegrate before our eyes, and here were these people who didn't know...who only knew this family had been given a hard, hard road to travel...and they wanted to make the journey easier...and they did.

They didn't just feed our bodies. They fed our souls, our hearts, and our minds.

When our family disintegrated, they became the family we didn't know existed.

How does one begin to convey the mind-altering, healing impact of such love?

This writer doesn't know.

All I know is we may not know their names, but I thank God in heaven they know ours.

3 comments:

  1. Earth-angels! Love them. When my mom had her grand mal seizure in the middle of Wal-Mart with me as the witness to this terrible event, a nurse appeared and sat with me. She disappeared before I could thank her once the paramedics arrived, but I know she was sent by God in that moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerri - Its like that sign board you can get at the garden centres "Friends welcome - family by appointment" Whoever though that up, their family also disappointed them. Thank the Lord He provides those who help in all the little ways, all the important ways - letting you know that He is there and He cares.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mizzbrizz, yes, indeed! Earth-angels! Perfect name!

    Tracy, I've never seen that sign, but I've lived it a few times. LOL! God's faithfulness has been astonishing. He is...breathtaking... :-)

    ReplyDelete